Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Damn Mouse

I managed to do my Pilates yesterday, but no luck today. I fell asleep for over an hour around 9:30pm last night, so I decided to just go to bed. I was excited that I was going to get a full night's sleep. Unfortunately, the mouse that has invaded my apartment was also excited. It kept rustling things and irritating me. At two a.m. I was sweeping under my bed trying to get at whatever it was making noise with. And I shifted a big pile of books and magazines from next to my bed (throwing out a bunch of stuff in the process). I'm not normally an obsessive cleaner, so it was kinda funny for me to be hauling out the broom and dust rags in the middle of the night.

So, no sleep. Alarm went off this morning, and I couldn't budge. I can't get more sleep, if I can't get to sleep. If I can't wake up in the morning, I can't work out before I leave the house. If I work out when I get home (cardio, anyway), I will only be making my sleep problem worse since several days a week, I don't get home until after 10 pm. If this isn't fixed by the next time I see the Drug Doc, I'm getting sleeping pills.

On the food front, yesterday was okay, today has been okay. My plan for this week is to just stop eating all the obvious high carb stuff: Sweets, things with flour, rice, pasta, potatos, bread, etc. I had a flour tortilla yesterday though, now that I think of it. And some bread. If it weren't for Fitday I wouldn't remember this stuff at all. Anyway, that will get my carb intake down to a moderate level (probably under 60). Then I can make plans for real low carb for next week.

I set a trap for the mouse before I left for work. They like peanut butter, I hear.

No comments: