Monday, July 23, 2007

Bizy-ness

I've been waiting for a baby to arrive this week, so I never knew what was happening on any given day. I still made some plans.

I had a lunch date with a guy I'd met online. We had coffee last weekend, and he wasn't disgusted by me enough to never want to see me again. Yes, I still think about physical self this way. But we really weren't clicking and I don't think we'll be seeing each other again.

My friend's water broke on Thursday night, so from then on I was just waiting until they needed me to come over and stay with their 4 year old. C and I get along really well, but spending two days with a girl that age can be exhausting if you're not used to it. I was at their house from Saturday morning about 8am until late last night when her other Mommy came home to stay with her.

Their house is full of carbolicious food, and very little protein. That's probably another reason I'm exhausted today. I decided not to measure this week until tomorrow, because I'm sure I'm completely bloated with water. I get all those red dents on my skin if it touches anything for too long.

Though, I did get some exercise. Pushing a stroller is good for your arms -- more tricept work than I expected!

***************
I have been musing this week on a passing thought I had when I weighed in last week. I wasn't all that happy with my weight loss and I thought "Why won't my body do I what I want?" Instantly I had the answer. "That's the wrong question. It should be why won't I do what my body wants?" I know what it wants. When I do those things its happy and feels good and I lose weight. You know drink lots of water, get some exercise, not eat a bunch of crappy nutrionless carbs.

No comments: